Home » Admission » FAQ


1. What is the agency number of Hebei University of Technology?


2. What major can the International Student apply? 

Please search our English Website http://eweb.hebut.edu.cn/

We list our majors on English Website.

3.  How can I get the latest information about Chinese Government Scholarship?

Please visit our website www.campuschina.org or www.csc.edu.cn/laihua for up-to-date information. You can also consult the Chinese Embassy (or Consulate General) in your home countries or designated Chinese universities for related information

4. How can I log in the CSC Online Application System for International Students?

Go to www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org, and click the icon “Application Online for International Students” to enter the system.

First-time users should register before entering the online application page.

please use Internet Explorer (6.0 or 7.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers.

5. What supporting documents should be included in my application package?

Generally, applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate).

①Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarshipin Chinese or English

② Notarized highest diploma (photocopy)

③ Academic transcripts

④ A study plan or research proposal

⑤ Recommendation letters

⑥Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works)

⑦Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.

⑧Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (valid for 6 months).

⑨Applicants with Admission Letter from designated universities should enclose the letter in the application package.

⑩Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application package.

6. What is the deadline of Chinese Government Scholarship application?

Every year end of March.

7. How should I apply for the visa to study in China?
International students should apply for “X” visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General to study in China with the original documents and one set of photocopies of the:
(1) Visa Application for Study In China (JW201 or JW202),
(2)Admission Notice,
(3)Foreigner Physical Examination Form,
(4)A valid ordinary passport.
International students must enter China with the original copies of the above documents. A person coming to China with other types of passports, visas or without the original documents will not be able to register with the institution, nor will they be able to apply for residence in China.
X (study) visas are issued to those coming to China for study or an internship for a period of more than six months.
Students organized in form of groups and stay less than 6 months can apply for the F group visas by the authorized invitation letters or fax of the duly authorized unit.
International students should apply for Residence Permit for Foreigners from the division of exit-entry administration of local public security bureau within thirty days upon arrival in China.

8. What health verification should be presented if I want to go to China?
After arriving in China, international students are required to go to the Health quarantine bureau to confirm the Physical Examination Record for Foreigner within prescribed time limit. Students failing to provide Physical Examination Record for Foreigner must have physical examination at the local Health Quarantine Bureau. If the student is diagnosed to have any disease the laws prohibit entry in China, he/she must return to his/her country at his own expense.

9. How are health verification and residence permit applied for?
Health verification: Scholarship students who are to stay in China for more than 6 months are requested to bring their passports, Admission Notice, the original Foreigner Physical Examination Form and the Blood Test Report to the local health and quarantine office within the due time to have their medical examination reports verified. Scholarship students who do not meet the requirements of the above authority will be required to re-take the medical examination. Those who refuse to re-take the medical examination or are diagnosed with diseases that are not permitted to stay in China according to the Chinese laws and regulations will be required to leave China.
Residence Permit: After the health verification, the scholarship students must apply for residence permit to the local police authority with their passports, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) within 30 days upon their arrival.
Note: Expenses incurred in the procedures above shall be born by the scholarship students themselves.

10. I have already bought insurance in America. Do I need to buy insurance again in China?
International students are required to buy both medical insurance and personal accidental death and injury insurance. You can buy them either in your own country or in China after your arrival.

11. How can I deal with the accommodation after arriving in China if I don’t speak Chinese?
Applications for accommodation should be made to the universities before coming to China.
There are many kinds of dormitories in universities, and the prices differ from each other due to the furniture and facilities. International students should apply before arriving in China. If you want to come with your families, you should consult the university in advance. Otherwise, you should take care of the accommodation by yourself.
Students can live off-campus with the permission of the university, but should register at the local public security office within 24 hours upon arrival.